School Link Information
VTCT Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
The VTCT Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to the Hospitality Industry is a preparation for work qualification that has been designed to prepare learners for a career in the hospitality industry.
This qualification will develop knowledge of the hospitality industry, the importance of customer service and will also develop learners communication skills.
The optional units that make up this qualification will allow learners to tailor their learning to thier personal interests and preferences. Optional units range from basic food preparation and cooking, to serving food and drinks to housekeeping and guest services.
Areas which may be covered during the course:
Introduction to food commodities
Housekeeping and guest services
Food services and safety
Introduction to Healthy Eating
Front office operations
On completion of this qualification learners may choose to undertake further study; qualifications learners could progress to include:
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food Production and Cooking
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food Service
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Services
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking)
• Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
• Level 2 Diploma in Professional Food and Beverage Service
• Level 2 Award in Principles of Customer Service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
• Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
• Level 2 Award in Healthier Food and Special Diets